Thursday, July 10, 2014

Reversals


What an incredible season of life this has been for me. It's new and exciting every day. Elli is learning something new by the minute it seems. She is almost 11 months old and she is crawling, standing (with some help), babbling and even getting out a few words, I got my first kiss on Tuesday, and her personality is busting out! And she's a goof, like her Momma. Surprised?

For 9 years I waited for this season to come. I didn't know what it would look like, but I knew I had a deep desire to be a Mom. Only by the grace of God, I never had the feelings of fear or worry during the long wait, but I did begin to think that His plan may not include having a biological child. We left it in His hands and in that time God opened our hearts to foster care and even adoption. It was a challenging time in our lives, but rich with lessons and opportunities to be used by Him.

In Genesis Rachel was in such despair over her barrenness that she felt like she could physically die. But like many stories in the old testament, through divine intervention there was a miracle that turned that despair into rejoicing! Whether it be the struggle with infertility, a job loss or a struggle with addiction, we can be encouraged that our God is a God of great reversals!

"Then God remembered Rachel; he listened to her and opened her womb." Genesis 30:22

He remembers you. Not always in your timing, but in His-and it's perfect. Be encouraged friends, He is faithful. His plans are far greater than ours could ever be!




1 comment:

  1. Amen! What a fantastic post! Your lack of fear and anxiety always amazed me during those years. YOU amaze me! Praise The Lord He is a God of reversals! Love that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! Make sure to follow me so I can follow you back!